Search This Blog

Monday 20 April 2015

R.I.P. Ron Hudson

My wife and I were saddened to learn on our return from a brief holiday that our friend Ronald Hudson died on 11 April. He was 84.

He’d been ailing for a couple of years, ironically, not long after he retired at the age of eighty.

We’ve known Ron and his wife Maria for about twelve years. With a twinkle in his eyes, he used to reminisce about his troubled childhood – living in over a dozen foster homes before joining the Royal Navy. I then agreed to write his reminiscences (Odd Shoes and Medals) and I’m pleased that he was able to hold that book in his hands for a few years, tangible proof of not only his survival but his existence. Despite his grim past, he was never embittered and always seemed cheerful, a gentle man to the last. 

We’ll miss you, Ron.

Our condolences to Maria and family at this time. 

Ron's lasting memorial can be gleaned from his words in the book Odd Shoes and Medals.



No comments: